For all kinds of construction jobs a concrete mixer is needed. Also know as cement mixer, this mixer is a devise where various materials like cement, sand, gravel and water are mixed to produce concrete which is used for paving, flooring, wall cladding and other construction work.
How does it works?
It consists of a revolving drum which is used to mix all the components. A cement mixer has a revolving drum, attached with a motor and all the mixing components are put inside the drum. When the motor starts, the materials spin inside the drum and get mixed together evenly. They remain soft for application and forming.
Types of Concrete Mixers
- Mixers Without hopper
- Mixer With mechanical hopper
- Mixer With hydraulic hopper
Sizes of Concrete Mixers
There are different sizes of mixers ranging from the portable machine, tote mixer or mini mixer to the large sized commercial mixing truck. A portable mixer is used for smaller volume works where the concrete is produced at the construction site itself. On the other hand, the big concrete making trucks are used for large scale construction.
Regular maintenance of such mixers is very essential for smooth functioning of the equipment. It is necessary to keep a constant check on the concrete mixer parts so that they are good working condition. They should be stored properly when not in use.
- First of all, check out why do you need the mixer. For a job of small duration, you can get it for rent. For longer duration and regular usage, you can purchase one.
- Next you have to know for what purpose you need the machine. For small construction or landscaping job, the best is to go for a portable cement mixer which can be electric powered or gas powered.
- For large scale construction jobs like laying a driveway or paving a floor or other heavy construction work, go for a concrete mixer truck.
- The price is an important factor to consider.
- You can also opt for used mixers if they are in good condition.